Get FREE Amazon Products

Answering Some Hoverboard / Mini Segway Questions

So we were recently contacted and asked to answer a few questions about these Hoverboard Self Balancing Scooters.

If you have any questions of your own feel free to leave a comment below our articles, ask us on Twitter @HoverBoardFAQ, or drop us an email at HoverBoardFAQ@Gmail.com.

Let's get into these questions..


So, I have a few questions. Here they are:
  1. Is it done charging when the light on the chargers box is green? When you first plug in your Mini Segway the light on the charger will be red. As soon as it turns green it means the device is fully charged. Take it off the charger as letting something overcharge is not only unhealthy for the battery, it's actually been reported to have started fires.
  2. Would it survive under water? Can it go through a puddle, probably not a problem, should it be submerged in water, absolutely not. There are open computer boards and ships in there and the board is not waterproof sealed. If you were to submerge a board in water it would definately break it.
  3. How bad is it to drive it while the alarm is on? Not the low battery one, but the other one. An alarm is clearly telling you something whether your board is not charged, your riding too fast, etc. I would suggest not riding with alarms on. Are you trying to torture test these things? What's with the questions about riding through alarms, sinking them in water?
3.1 What does the other alarm mean? Sometimes it activates when I'm going to fast, other times it activates in hills, or when I'm turning quickly.There is an alarm which will sound if your approaching top speed. Most people can't stay on boards at these speeds. If this alarm goes on slow down. Sometimes boads will shut off and you can be injured if thrown from a fast moving board.
  1. Is it bad if I get things like leaves stuck on the wheels? Keep in mind anything stuck to the wheels rides up the wheels into the wheel well. Though rolling over a few leaves or a bit of dirt won't hurt your board I typically clean my wheels after riding outdoors and try not to roll through excessive rocks, dirt, leaves, etc.
  2. Is it bad to spin in dirt? Seriously, what is with you asking about things which "may" damage the board. Why would you be spinning in dirt? These things are fairly durable but don't abuse them and don't try to break or ruin them or you will have issues.
  3. How much electricity is left when the battery on the mini-swegway starts blinking? I know it's 10% when it gets red. Some are 15%, some are 10%.
  4. Is it bad to roll it? I have a lot of scratches on mine :p The most damage will be done to the shell, will probably crack. If you have the guards on it that will protect a bit.
  5. The charging time is 2-3 hours right? They quote it at 3 hours, however I find mine is more like 1.5 hours. As soon as the light turns from red to green it's fully charged. Don't overcharge it.

13 comments:

  1. How do I know if my battery is still good ? I have scratches and scuffs on my board but that wouldn't affect the indside right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stuff inside your board gets bounced around if you hit curbs and stuff. Does your board work fine? If so you probably don't have a problem. If its not working whats the issue?

      Delete
  2. Do you have to turn on your hoverboard in order to charge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not it should be off when charging. If your board is not charging and you know the charger is not the problem you need a new battery. You can grab one here. http://amzn.to/1ToLvzQ

      Delete
  3. Why does it turn green halway but I know it's not fully charged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it turns green it means it's fully charged. Does it seem to be turning green too quickly like after a half hour or even immediately? If so you have a bad battery

      Delete
  4. i spilt hot chocolate on my niece Bluetooth Segway it was quite a bit but I wiped it off with baby wipes and then tissue and it kinda spilt on the floor too and there waa drip on the bottom of it but I turned it over and wiped that too. It was off so I turned it on and tried it and it was working fine should I be considered? or is it fine, I don't want to tell her I spilt it on it or shell be angry lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be worried about it if its working fine.

      Delete
  5. I have a leaf stuck in my wheel well right now, I do not think it is hurting the way that my hoverboard performs, but I can hear it scratching on the wheel when I ride and it is very annoying. I cannot see the leaf and at and I was just wondering if there was any easy way to get the leaf out without taking the whole thing about which I am not very keen on doing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very easy to remove the shell, I would just remove the shell and you should be able to pick the leaf out of the wheel well pretty easily.

      Delete
    2. My grandchild left his Hoverboard over my house. I woke up in the middle of the night to it alarming. I unplugged it but it was still alarming with green light on. I googled how to turn it off. I pushed and held the off and on switch finally the alarm went off but the green light remained on. It hasn't been used since Christmas he rode it 2 blocks to the store. Is it safe I considered putting it outside incase of fire.

      Delete
  6. My grandchild left his Hoverboard over my house. I woke up to an alarm in the middle of the night. I unplugged the charger but the board continued to alarm, with the green light on. I ended up googling to find the off and on button. Finally the alarm went off, but green light remains on. This Hoverboard hasn't been used since Christmas he used it by riding it to the store 2 blocks away. Is it safe I considered sitting it outside incase of fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very strnage if you turned the board off and a light is still on. If that's the case the board isn't turned off. I've seen this happen before and typically the only way to really turn it off is to unplug the battery. It's possible it needs a new power button, they are pretty cheap and you can pick one up here. http://amzn.to/227BV7F

      Delete